Top Plumbing Services for the Spring Season
As the country starts to Spring forward, the snow melts and can cause a variety of different plumbing issues in the home. Knowing when to call in a plumber for plumbing services can help make the repairs less expensive and even stop the homeowner from having to totally replace certain plumbing parts. Routine plumbing services may also be able to find potential problems before they can wreak havoc in the home.
Plumbing Services for Leaking Pipes
Leaks are one of the most common problems that happen at home. They can happen for a variety of reasons, but worry not! a plumber is always capable to fix leaking pipes.
- Tree Root Infiltration - Tree or other plant roots that grow into the pipes will cause them to leak, which can actually attract more tree roots and create a vicious cycle.
- Pipe Corrosion - Older pipes, especially those made out of galvanized steel or copper, are susceptible to rust and corrosion.
- Shifts in the Foundation - Even small shifts in the home’s foundation can create the need for plumbing services. As the foundation moves, it also moves the water lines. This can cause them to leak or even burst.
- Temperature Changes - Extreme temperature changes, especially in the winter, can cause the pipes to start to crack and eventually leak and rupture.
- High Water Pressure - Especially when allowed to continue over time, high water pressure in the pipes leads to weak, leaky spots.
A licensed plumber will start by inspecting the pipes to see exactly where the leak is coming from. They can then assess the situation and decide what needs to be done, whether that is a quick fix or a total repiping of either that area or the entire home.
Rain Related Flooding Issues
As the rains increase during the spring, the home’s sump pumps can easily become overwhelmed. Under normal circumstances, the sump pump works to collect all of the excess water and eventually pump it out of the home when it gets full enough.
As the sump pump is faced with more and more water, it has to work harder to pump it back out. If there is enough of a downpour, the motor can burn out and lead to a flood in the basement of the home.
Because it is such an important way to prevent the need for emergency plumbing services, the sump pump should be inspected on a regular basis.
The Reasons for Clogged Drains
The rainy season also has a tendency to push foreign material into the pipes from the outdoors in. Things like leaves, rocks, and mud can ultimately end up clogging the drains and pipes and require plumbing services to stop them from creating larger damage.
A professional plumber has a few different plumbing services they can use to help clear a clogged drain. Plumbers can snake the pipes and the drain to see if they can find the source of the clog and drag it back out.
If that doesn’t work, they can use a camera to find the source of the clogged drain and potentially use hydrojetting to blast it out. Because this is only safe in certain situations, it should only be done by a licensed plumbing company.
About Polestar Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
Kansas is home to Polestar Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. For more than 35 years, they have been available 24/7 with both emergency and routine maintenance plumbing services in Merriam. They provide award-winning services and a family membership that includes discounts and priority scheduling.